Last week I worked with students in the University of Bedfordshire who are setting up a writing group with Paul Gardner. We explored our writing histories.
- 29 teachers' writing groups across the UK
- over 200 teachers involved online and many more in face-to-face group meetings
- 6,000 website hits a month
- 1,000s of children more engaged as writers
- 4 summer conferences featuring NWP in workshops and on the platform
- ongoing research into the effects of teachers running their own writing groups
- forthcoming publications and residential writing weeks
... all generated by the enthusiasm, creativity and hard work of teachers.
It's energising, an honour and a duty, to work with fellow professionals on a project which restores to teachers a sense of becoming their own experts, and which is already transforming classrooms for the better. Why not join us?